Auto liability insurance is required in most states. If you are the cause of an accident, you will be liable for it.
What Is Covered?
Policies often contain liability insurance and also helps to pay for someone else’s property damage and their medical expenses.
Bodily Injury Liability Coverage
This helps to cover the medical expenses of the other person in a crash you are liable for.
Property Damage Liability Coverage
This helps to cover the damage to the property of the other person, for example, their car repairs.
This will depend on the level of coverage you choose. Every state sets the minimum level of coverage for bodily injury liability as well as property damage liability drivers are under obligation to purchase.
Property Damage Liability Limit
This is the maximum amount that will be paid out under the terms of your policy. including a maximum payout for every individual who was injured in accidents you cause.
Bodily Injury Liability Limit Per Accident
This sets a cap on the amount the insurance provider will pay for all medical expenses from a single accident. This limit may be set at an amount that makes you comfortable as it may be required to be paid to multiple people if they have medical expenses.
The majority of providers bundle property damage and bodily injury together. Examples would include:
- 25/50/10 ($25,000 BI per person limit, $50,000 BI per accident limit, $10,000 property damage limit)
- 100/300/50 ($100,000 BI per person limit, $300,000 BI per accident limit, $50,000 property damage limit)
Your coverage limits depend on the packages offered by your insurer. You may not have standalone options regarding these.
How Much Should be Purchased?
Think of this example:
You are at fault for a crash that injured three people in another car. Your bodily injury liability limit per person is $50,000 and your bodily injury limit per accident is $100,000. If Person 1’s medical bills total $40,000, Person 2’s cost $30,000 and Person 3’s cost $25,000, you’re likely covered. Each person’s bills were under $50,000 (your bodily injury limit per person), and the total cost of injuries is $95,000, which is lower than your $100,000 bodily injury limit for a single accident.
Auto Insurance Quotes
From offering liability protection to you and your family to helping you get reimbursed for personal property damage, auto insurance provides many types of coverage. Learn more about Auto Insurance Coverage or get a free auto insurance quote from Klimes Insurance today.
More Articles About Insurance
- Cheapest Home Insurance In Arizona
- Does Home Insurance Cover Fire?
- Scooter Insurance Near Me
- What is Dwelling Insurance Coverage?
- How To Compare Car Insurance Quotes
- How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost?
- Car Insurance For Students
- What To Do When You Strike A Road Sign
- What Is Medical Payments Coverage?
- Motorcycle Insurance Vs Car Insurance
- What Is Collision Insurance?
- How To Compare Car Insurance Quotes – Scottsdale
- What Is Liability Car Insurance?
- What Is An Umbrella Policy?
- What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
- What Happens if Someone Else is Driving My Car and Gets in an Accident?
- What Is Comprehensive Insurance?
- 10 Types Of Car Insurance
- How to Get Car Insurance
- What To Do After A Car Accident?
- What is a Whole Life Insurance Policy?
- What is Comprehensive Insurance?
- What is Gap Insurance?
- What Is Covered In Golf Cart Insurance?
- What Is Uninsured Motorist Coverage?
- How Much Does ATV Insurance Cost?
- Mistakes When Buying RV Insurance
- What is Homeowners Insurance?
- Golf Cart Insurance
- What Is Renters Insurance?
- What Happens if You Don’t Have Homeowners Insurance?
- What is Auto Insurance?
- How Much Does Business Insurance Cost?
- How Much Does Boat Insurance Cost?
- How Much Does Life Insurance Cost?
- How Much Does Renters Insurance Cost?
- How to Buy Condo Insurance
- How Does Condo Insurance Work?
- What is Hazard Insurance for a Condo?
- What Does Condo Insurance Cover?
- How Much Does H06 Condo Insurance Cost?
- What is Condo Insurance?
- How Much Condo Insurance Do I Need?
- Condo Insurance Quote
- How Much Does Motorcycle Insurance Cost?
- How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost?
- How Much Does Condo Insurance Cost?
- How Much Does Auto Insurance Cost in Phoenix, AZ?